Mission of Oliva Fund for Cancer Care
The Oliva Fund for Cancer Care helps support expenses related to services beyond medical treatment for patients being treated at the Cancer Center at Milford Regional and their families.
The Oliva Fund for Cancer Care was established in honor of Milford’s Oliva Family due to their ongoing commitment and generous support to Milford Regional Medical Center and the Milford Regional Healthcare Foundation through charitable donations.
Current Support for Patients
- Pastoral care
- Palliative care
- Gifts cards
- Specialty products
- Support groups
- Nutrition support
- Events to support cancer patients including Tree of Life and Cancer Survivors Day
Goals for the Future
- Continued distribution of gift cards to local stores to help alleviate expenses for basic necessities during treatment and recovery.
- Improve access to specialty products that may not be covered by insurance that support the care and recovery of cancer patients such as wigs, bras, prosthetics, etc., as well as integrative therapies such as massage and reflexology. Medical experts worldwide have come to view these therapies as an effective complement to surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and recovery.
- Emotional and clinical support to cancer patients such as Palliative Care Services at Milford Regional, pastoral care, support groups, and the Cancer Survivorship Program.
How Patients & Families Receive Support
Patients can request support for these services through their health care team. A social worker, nurse manager, or nurse navigator also help identify patient families in need and can provide gift cards, items or services to patients.
The Oliva Fund for Cancer Care is supported entirely by donations from our generous community:
- The WMRC 1940AM Radiothon is held each August and is a major fundraiser for the Oliva Fund. Additional fundraisers for the Radiothon include the WRMC Mudrats Rugged Maniac Team and the summer Town Crier newspaper envelope appeal.
- Tree of Life is a winter event, when patients of the Cancer Center at Milford Regional are remembered and honored.
- Specially designed Oliva Fund bracelets and necklaces can be purchased at Oliva’s Gourmet Gifts, MRMC Gift Shop and All About Me.
- General donations and tribute gifts also support the Oliva Fund.
- To make a general gift online please click here and choose “Oliva Fund.”
- To make a tribute gift in memory or in honor of a loved one, please contact us.